Hello all and warm wishes this blustery day. The form of this week’s blog will involve you answering some questions…but don’t worry, I promise it will be painless and I will keep it short and sweet…
So, if you are sitting comfortably, I shall begin.
Question one, how do you know if you need marketing support?
Well, firstly, and in order to answer that to the best of your ability, it is important that I clarify what I mean by marketing support.
Début Marketing offers support services that can enhance or add to a marketing function within a business. These can range from help on a single task, to outsourcing your whole marketing function to drive sales and communications.
The most common aspects of marketing support that are sought tend to be the more technically demanding or specialised areas. These include communications, copywriting, web development, PR and market research to name but a few. These tasks are often outsourced on a retainer or ongoing basis as this gives the providing party a relationship with the client.
In particular, marketing support is required due to:
- The size of company being quite small
- A lack of internal expertise
- Resources being minimal
- Customer expectations
- The cost of having a permanaent marketing resource
So how do you know if your company needs to seek marketing support? Well, by asking yourself the following questions you will be able to build up a picture to help you recognise areas that could benefit from outsourced marketing support.
1) Are there key areas of expertise missing in your marketing function that you can’t do without but also that you cannot gain from employing new or upskilling current staff?
2) Are you falling behind your competitors in certain areas that you have no expertise in? E.g. online, digital marketing and social media?
3) Do you need input and advice from an external source or influence to help drive your marketing forward?
4) Do you have a big project(s) coming up that would benefit from additional input to meet a deadline or be completed effectively?
5) Are you entering new channels or markets that require outsourced expertise and consultation?
6) Do you have no marketing experience and find the whole area a minefield?
7) Are you a sole trader or small company that needs a marketing department without the expense?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then marketing support would be perfect for you and perhaps just the thing you need to drive your business forward. If you want to know more about how Début Marketing can help you reach targets, achieve goals and make sales then drop us a line. See, I told you that would be painless and short and sweet.
Next week I get to relax and put my feet up as Julie is going to brighten up the grey area that is ‘running a Facebook competition’ with a blog that promises to explain all.